Tuesday, January 7
• Huskies Drive Time, 7:30-8 a.m. on Mix 93 WKMJ
• Joe Shawhan Hour, 10 a.m. on Mix 93 WKMJ
• US Cross Country Ski Nationals (Classic Sprint), 9:20 a.m. at Tech Trails
Thursday, January 9
• Women's Basketball at Parkside, 6:30 p.m. on Mix 93 WKMJ
• Men's Basketball at Parkside, 8:30 p.m. on Mix 93 WKMJ
Friday, January 10
• Hockey vs. Bowling Green, 7:07 p.m. at MacInnes Student Ice Arena on Mix 93 WKMJ
Saturday, January 11
• Women's Basketball at Purdue Northwest, 2 p.m. on Mix 93 WKMJ
• Men's Basketball at Purdue Northwest, 4 p.m. on Mix 93 WKMJ
• Hockey vs. Bowling Green, 6:07 p.m. at MacInnes Student Ice Arena on Mix 93 WKMJ
All times Eastern • Home events in bold
Tech split its final nonconference series of the season at No. 17 Arizona State. The Sun Devils won 4-2 Saturday and the Huskies won 3-2 Sunday. Brian Halonen, Alec Broetzman, and Justin Misiak scored Saturday. Trenton Bliss, Alex Smith, and Logan Pietila scored Sunday. Pietila's game-winner came with 2:05 remaining in the third period. Tech is now 13-9-1 on the season and returns home this weekend for a WCHA series against No. 11 Bowling Green. The Huskies will wear special Lend-A-Paw jerseys Friday. Full details will be announced Monday. Puck drop is at 7:07 p.m. Friday and 6:07 p.m. Saturday.
The Huskies swept their weekend at home against GLIAC South Division opponents for the third win in a row and eighth in the last nine. Tech defeated Wayne State 80-68 Thursday and Ashland 76-63 Saturday at the SDC Gym. Kyle Monroe poured in 59 points on the weekend with a 35-point game against the Warriors. Tommy Lucca (13) and Dawson Bilski (12.5) also averaged double figures. Tech is 10-3 overall, 4-1 in the GLIAC, and travels to Parkside Thursday and Purdue Northwest Saturday.
Tech split its home weekend with a 69-55 win over Wayne State Thursday and 85-68 loss to No. 4 Ashland Saturday. Cassidy Trotter (17), Ellie Welsh (15), and Hannah Hobson (14) averaged in double figures on the weekend. The Huskies travel to Parkside Thursday and Purdue Northwest Saturday for the first of two meetings between both teams. Tech is 5-7 overall and 3-2 in the GLIAC.
The Huskies wrap up the US Cross Country Ski Championships on Tuesday at the Tech Trails with the classic sprint. The women's team won the College Cup Team Title Sunday. A full recap of the championship will be posted this week.
HUSKIES LEND A PAW
This year's community outreach initiative for Michigan Tech Athletics is the Huskies Lend a Paw to support Big Brothers Big Sisters - UP Kids. Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) seeks to change the lives of children facing adversity - for the better, forever. BBBS programs help children realize their full potential and build their futures by providing strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships.
For more information or a donation contact Maggie Munch BBBS Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 906-487-9855.
Special Dates Supporting BBBS:
• Friday, October 25, 2019 - Soccer BBBS T-shirt Auction
• Friday, November 8, 2019 - Volleyball BBBS T-shirt Auction
• Thursday, December 5, 2019 - Men's and Women's Basketball BBBS T-shirt Auction
• Friday, January 10, 2020 - Hockey BBBS Jersey Auction
VOLUNTEER AT NORDIC SKIING EVENTS
Michigan Tech Athletics is looking for volunteers for Nordic ski events in 2019-20. A team of volunteers is instrumental in the success and experience of the student-athletes at the Tech Trails. Please click on the links if you're interested in any of the events/dates:
- MTU Pre-Nationals CXC Cup (Dec. 20-21)
- US Nationals (Jan. 2-7)
- CCSA Conference Championships/JLD CXC Cup (Feb. 15-16)
GIVE TO ATHLETICS
Although monetary contributions are the most common method of support, other giving options are available. Planned gifts, such as bequests, appreciated securities, or real estate, may help you meet your financial goals while benefiting Michigan Tech athletes. Some gifts, such as endowments and capital gifts, may be named in honor of a donor or in tribute to another individual or organization. If you would like to make a gift to Athletics today, download our printable giving form or use our online form. For more information on giving options, contact the Office of Gift Planning.