Monday, December 2
• Joe Shawhan Hour, 10 a.m. on Mix 93 WKMJ
Tuesday, December 3
• Huskies Drive Time, 7:30-8 a.m. on Mix 93 WKMJ
Wednesday, December 4
• Tadych's Econo Foods Kids Day Ticket Pickup, Noon at Tadych's Econo Foods
Thursday, December 5
• Volleyball vs. Missouri-St. Louis (NCAA Tournament), 1 p.m.
• Women's Basketball vs. Saginaw Valley State, 5:30 p.m. at SDC Gym on Mix 93 WKMJ
• Men's Basketball vs. Saginaw Valley State, 7:30 p.m. at SDC Gym on Mix 93 WKMJ
Friday, December 6
• Volleyball at NCAA Regional Semifinal, 6 p.m.
• Hockey vs. Alaska Anchorage, 7:07 p.m. at MacInnes Student Ice Arena on Mix 93 WKMJ
Saturday, December 7
• Women's Basketball vs. Northwood, Noon at SDC Gym on Mix 93 WKMJ
• Men's Basketball vs. Northwood, 2 p.m. at SDC Gym on Mix 93 WKMJ
• Hockey vs. Alaska Anchorage, 6:07 p.m. at MacInnes Student Ice Arena on Mix 93 WKMJ
• Volleyball at NCAA Regional Championship, 8 p.m.
All times Eastern • Home events in bold
THIS WEEK'S PROMOTIONS
• Dec 5 Basketball – Big Brothers/Big Sisters T-Shirt Auction
– Big Brothers/Big Sisters Volunteer Recognition
– Rozsa Promo
– Dance Team
– Koaches Kids
– Let's Make Deal Student Promo $500.00 Cash Prize
• Dec 6 Hockey – TIAA Faculty and Staff Appreciation
– #MTUSTEPSUP Student Tee Shirt Giveaway
– Joey's On-Ice Challenge
– Koaches Kids
• Dec 7 Basketball – Tadych's Econo Foods Kids Day (Free hot dogs to first 125 kids)
– Rozsa/Domino's Promo
• Dec 7 Hockey – Tadych's Econo Foods Kids Day (Free hot dogs to first 500 kids)
– Joey's On-Ice Challenge
– Ojibwa Casino's Slapshot Challenge
The Huskies split their weekend at Alaska. The Nanooks won 4-3 Friday and Tech bounced back with a 2-1 victory Saturday. Trenton Bliss, Chris Lipe, Keegan Ford, Eric Gotz, and Raymond Brice scored the goals. Matt Jurusik had 24 saves Friday and 16 Saturday. The Huskies have won five of their last six and host Alaska Anchorage this weekend at the MacInnes Student Ice Arena to begin a four-game homestand. The puck drops at 7:07 p.m. Friday and 6:07 p.m. Saturday.
The No. 23-ranked volleyball team earned an NCAA bid for the third straight season after a 23-7 season. Tech will open the Midwest Regional against No. 22 Missouri-St. Louis on Thursday in Romeoville, Illinois. The Huskies are the No. 6 seed in the region and the Tritons are the No. 3. First serve is set for 1 p.m. Eastern at Lewis University.
Tech won a pair of games at the Seawolf Thanksgiving Classic hosted by Alaska Anchorage. The Huskies beat the Seawolves Friday after Owen White scored with less than 15 seconds to play and then blocked a shot on the ensuing UAA possession to seal the win. Tech outscored Alaska 39-19 in the second half and beat the Nanooks 65-57 Saturday. Kyle Monroe (20.5 points) and Tommy Lucca (11 points, 8.5 assists) were named to the All-Tournament Team. The Huskies begin GLIAC play at the SDC Gym on Thursday against Saginaw Valley State and Saturday versus Northwood.
The Huskies had the Thanksgiving weekend off and return to the court this weekend for the GLIAC opener against Saginaw Valley State Thursday and Northwood Saturday at the SDC Gym.
HUSKIES LEND A PAW
This year's community outreach initiative for Michigan Tech Athletics is the Huskies Lend a Paw to support Big Brothers Big Sisters - UP Kids. Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) seeks to change the lives of children facing adversity - for the better, forever. BBBS programs help children realize their full potential and build their futures by providing strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships.
For more information or a donation contact Maggie Munch BBBS Program Director at email@example.com or 906-487-9855.
Special Dates Supporting BBBS:
• Friday, October 25, 2019 - Soccer BBBS T-shirt Auction
• Friday, November 8, 2019 - Volleyball BBBS T-shirt Auction
• Thursday, December 5, 2019 - Men's and Women's Basketball BBBS T-shirt Auction
• Friday, January 10, 2020 - Hockey BBBS Jersey Auction
VOLUNTEER AT NORDIC SKIING EVENTS
Michigan Tech Athletics is looking for volunteers for Nordic ski events in 2019-20. A team of volunteers is instrumental in the success and experience of the student-athletes at the Tech Trails. Please click on the links if you're interested in any of the events/dates:
- MTU Pre-Nationals CXC Cup (Dec. 20-21)
- US Nationals (Jan. 2-7)
- CCSA Conference Championships/JLD CXC Cup (Feb. 15-16)
GIVE TO ATHLETICS
Although monetary contributions are the most common method of support, other giving options are available. Planned gifts, such as bequests, appreciated securities, or real estate, may help you meet your financial goals while benefiting Michigan Tech athletes. Some gifts, such as endowments and capital gifts, may be named in honor of a donor or in tribute to another individual or organization. If you would like to make a gift to Athletics today, download our printable giving form or use our online form. For more information on giving options, contact the Office of Gift Planning.